This is where we’ll collect a few links that you and your business may find useful, whether you’re just starting or not. Whether you’re a “startup” or not. Whether you even know where to start or not.
This list will change over time so bookmark it to check periodically. Resources listed are in no particular order and should not be considered an endorsement/recommendation unless explicitly stated. Some resources may state or stand for political positions; those positions should not be considered representative of those of SMBple unless explicitly stated.
- Small Business Development Centers – https://www.sba.gov/tools/local-assistance/sbdc – SBA partner providing a variety of services to small business owners and aspiring entrepreneurs
- One Million Cups – http://www.1millioncups.com – Entrepreneurial presentation, connection, and learning organization out of Kansas City, MO. Look for (or create) a chapter near you!
- Small Business Administration – https://www.sba.gov – US government-sponsored tools, policies, and programs aimed at fostering small business growth
- SCORE – https://www.score.org – Mentoring, advice, and education for small businesses, supported by volunteers and SBA
Advocacy and Boosterism
- American Independent Business Alliance – https://www.amiba.net – a 501c3 non-profit organization dedicated to helping communities become more self-supporting and resilient through fostering a culture that values and supports independent business and local entrepreneurs
- Independent We Stand – http://www.independentwestand.org – independently-owned business support and “buy local” advocacy
Tools and Services
- Talage Insurance – https://talageins.com – Quicker, simpler worker’s comp for small businesses (and fellow Reno startup)
- MailChimp – http://mailchimp.com (click the link for a tracked referral) – marketing and mailing list tools
- Avalara – https://www.avalara.com – sales and use tax information and tools
- WordPress (self-hosted) – http://wordpress.org – content management and web presentation
- EmpoweredCovers Facebook App – https://www.facebook.com/EmpoweredCovers/ – Upload Facebook cover photos into standard FB photo albums and automate publishing them to your business page
- StickerMule – https://stickermule.com (click the link for a tracked referral) – All sorts of awesome sticker styles. Fast turnaround. Great quality. We’ve used them with great success for our own stickers and on behalf of a participating vendor.
- LD Marketing + Advertising – http://larrydevincenzi.com – Need professional communications services? – RECOMMENDED – We’e worked with Larry (formerly of BLG/BLG Agency) in the past and think that you should too when you need these services.
- Amy DeCew Online – http://amydecew.online – Blog content, professional writing, and more. While targeted primarily at medium-sized businesses, Amy’s services really aren’t pigeonholed. Click through to see testimonials and work examples.
- Lead With a Story – http://leadwithastory.com – Find better ways to engage your prospects, clients, and more through storytelling – RECOMMENDED